Strathclyde：Argue成功，offer从 MSc in Marketing转为 MSc in International Marketing
Glasgow：Argue成功，MFin 从reject 转为 Conditional Offer
Birmingham： Argue失败。虽然某programme director 说我的argue clear and well-argued，但最终还是败于本科学校的排名上。
很多前辈也说了，Argue无非就是why you why me的问题，我觉得既然是要Argue，大部分可能是自己没有满足学校的某项要求，所以我Argue信的重点都是放在自己身上。
如果你觉得本科背景相关，或是勉勉强强能靠上边，那就可以大胆的Argue。Strathclyde 的International Marketing 需要商科背景，我本科是新闻，由于在财经院校，学过一些商科基础课程，所以我申的IM，结果被S大转到转专业课程学的Marketing里面，于是我写了一封argue信，专门针对自己的商科背景进行陈述，最后，成功拿到offer。同样，申请Glasgow的MFIN课程，很快被拒，问了小米原因，小米直接说我本科degree不相关，我将写给Strathclyde的Argue信稍加改动传给Glasgow，第二天，MFIN offer出现在邮箱里。
Thanks for your reply, But I wonder what aspect of your demand I don’t meet. Because I know there are some students who has little maths background receiving your offer, even who majoring in English. So I want you can see my personal statement, I explain my background in this..
I know it is a little late to apply a competitive programme of a prestigious university, But I do love university of Glasgow very much, when I decide to pursue further education in UK, your prestigious University is my dream School, your news disappointed me a lot, can you tell me my drawbacks for your MFIN courses, maybe I can give your new documents to meet your requirements.
Thanks very much
1. As you can see from my transcript, there are numerous courses related to business and economics. Especially, I have studied Macroeconomics, Calculus (I&II), Financial Markets, Principles of Management, The Socialist Economy in Contemporary China, Contemporary World Economics & Politics and Media Economics which are directly related to Finance and Economics. The average score of these 8 courses is 83%.And my university, Nanjing University of Finance and Economics specialized at Finance arena. There are lots of lecture and seminar about Finance and Economics in campus, and some of them are compulsory for all the students. So I often go to absorb the professional knowledge to enrich my understanding of finance and economics.
2. Beside the transcript, I took The Theory and Practice of International Trade, Media Capital Operation and Securities Investment this semester. Though my credits are enough for graduation, in order to meet your academic background demand, I took business courses while other students were putting their whole efforts into the dissertation. Though it is very tough, I still work hard because they are related to business. Fortunately, I got 83, 85 and 85 in these courses respectively. I can send the results of these 3 courses to you after winter vacation, and I can even accept that you make a condition on my offer about this.
3. I know there are only 14 courses on my transcript related to business, and after adding the 3 courses this semester, it is just 17. But there is an important thing which cannot be seen in my transcript, the number of my compulsory courses is only 40. The business-related course accounts for over 35%.I know there is a general rule, to determine an applicant whether has a business academic background, the selector will check whether the percentage of business-related courses are over 30%.So according to the rule, I have the business academic background.
如果学校说你的GPA过低，这时候就找你们院系开一个你是TOP XX的证明，一般学校还是乐于帮你做这个事情的。如果你们系人少，就用实际数字，比如第8名，如果你们系人多，名次不好看，就开 among TOP xx%。具体这方面的Argue有很多，可以搜寻一下老帖。
如果学校卡你的本科学校，譬如Birmingham之类的，我觉得这个就有点棘手了，你得针对你本科学校的优势进行Argue。我和Birmingham Argue很久，找过小米，找过几个director，最后都是失败，束手无策。他们Marketing的小米告诉我，他们只收网大排名前50的学生，在我数次指出某些非211学生拿到Birmingham经济系offer后，小米告诉我说商学院要求会比较严格，而Marketing的四个 programme更为严格，说是要求前50，但是一般75左右的学校都会收，如果你背景非常优秀，可以放宽到前100，100后的学校就不要想了。这个说法实在让人有点disappointed，Anyway，我还是把我Birmingham的Argue信发出，给大家参考参考吧。
I am a Chinese applicant for your esteemed Msc in Marketing and Msc in Marketing Communication.
Unfortunately, neither of my application is successful. I know you prestigious university has a strict recruitment, but after serious consideration, I still consider myself eligible for your programe. With certain reasons given below, I ask you to give me an opportunity and re-consider my application.
1.I know, my university is ranked 157 on netbig according to 2008’s data. But I should tell you that, There are lots of universities in China, Not every university is comprehensive university, such as mine, Nanjing University of Economics and Finance.This kind of universities don’t have a wide range of programme, instead, they specialize at Business area, just like City University in UK. City University is ranking 50 according to TIMES data, but Cass Business School is one of the most outstanding biz schools in UK.
My university, Nanjing University of Finance and Economics is ranking 6th in “University of Finance and Economics” according to NETBIG’s data. http://rank2008.netbig.com/cn/rnk_2_8_0.htm this website is Chinese version. I seek the English version but failed. So I hope you can ask a Chinese Student in your prestigious University to check this website.
2. As you can see from my transcript, there are numerous courses related to business and economics. Especially, I have studied Marketing, Marketing Communication, Financial Marketing, Principles of Management, Outline of Advertising, Human resource Management and Media Economics which are directly related to marketing. The average score of these 7 courses is 83%.And *******, one of my referee, is my teacher of Marketing Communication. It is my outstanding performance at the class that impressed him at the beginning.
3. Beside the transcript, I took The Theory and Practice of International Trade, Media Capital Operation and Securities Investment this semester. Though my credits are enough for graduation, in order to meet your academic background demand, I took business courses while other students were putting their whole efforts into the dissertation. Though it is very tough, I still work hard because they are related to business. Fortunately, I got 83, 85 and 85 in these courses
respectively. I can send the results of these 3 courses to you after winter vacation, and I can even accept that you make a condition on my offer about this.
4. I know there are only 14 courses on my transcript related to business, and after adding the 3 courses this semester, it is just 17. But there is an important thing which cannot be seen in my transcript, the number of my compulsory courses is only 40. the business-related course accounts for over 35%.I know there is a general rule, to determine an applicant whether has a business academic background, the selector will check whether the percentage of business-related courses
are over 30%.So according to the rule, I have the business academic background. Moreover, my core modules, the Journalism, have something todo with the marketing communication, such as the theory of communication and the Internet communication. They can make advantageous impacts on my marketing communication studying.
5.In the business area, I like marketing best, so I often search for the information and fetch the cutting edge knowledge on this subject during my leisure time. Especially there is enough time I can decide how to spend in the school next semester. If you could give me the reading lists, I will try my best to gain better understanding about marketing in order to benefit my further study in your prestigious university.
Besides these reasons, I will talk about my own understanding of “marketing”
In my book, Marketing means Market plus “-ing”, that is to say, implicit relation between supply and demand was influenced by the changes of product, price, promotion and communication expressed by “present continuous of Market”.
SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threaten) is a prevalent method used to analyze market environment. It not only analyzes strengths and weaknesses from internal environment, but also opportunities and threatens from external environment. The enterprises’ strengths and weaknesses include factors local resources such as finances, experts and so on, customer service, efficiency, infrastructure construction, staff and management. While external opportunities and threatens contain the factors of competitors behaviors, economic situation of social industry, loan or exchange rates, market growth and changes of law. Since 1980s, procedure control was paid more attention. In addition, classical 4P marketing theory had also been formed into 7P theory, which included product, price, promotion, place& distribution, people, process and physical evidence.
So in my eye, the core values of 7P theory pointed out that the participation of employees played a more important role in marketing. Employee is the main part of enterprise. Everything worked by employees is the branch of customers’ feedbacks on services, affecting the image of enterprise. Each employee should be allowed and asked to participate in business management and decision-** actively and forwardly. On the other hand, the enterprise would keep an eye on the entire process of services. To understand customers in the process through interactive communication, the enterprise enables customers to become the part of marketing process, which can promptly improve their services and meet customer expectations. The management on cooperation and division of each departments is also vital in marketing, because cooperation from departments and participation of employees is a necessity. Cooperation and division of departments are the fundamental guarantee for a successful marketing.
Consequently, I want to ask for reconsideration for me. Birmingham Business School is world-famous, especially at marketing field. The programme content of your esteemed Marketing-related courses are very outstanding and competitive, thus I love this programme very much and want to study in this programme eagerly.
Thanks for your consistent support and help. I am looking forward to your early reply.